How to Download Twitter Videos on Your iPhone, Android Smartphone
Twitter may not be designed for videos, but it’s still a surprisingly good source for interesting clips. So good, in fact, that you’ll want to share lots of them so everyone can share in the fun. Unfortunately, while Twitter allows you to save photos with just a few clicks, with videos it’s a different story. None of the Twitter apps or even the desktop site currently support video downloads. But as is the case with everything, there are solutions. With the use of third-party apps, users can save Twitter videos to their devices. And the best part? It is much easier than you expect.
Download Twitter Videos on Android Device:
There are plenty of apps on the Play Store for this purpose, but we recommend Tweeload because of its ease of use and well-designed interface. Once the app is installed, follow the steps below.
- Find the tweet that contains the video you want to share, hit the share icon, and tap “Copy Link.”
- After copying the link, open Tweetload and paste the URL into the text field at the top of the screen. Just use the blue clipboard icon for it.
- Once done, hit the download button below.
- That will automatically save the video to your gallery from where you can easily share it. Alternatively, you can also hit the download icon on the top right corner to find downloaded videos.
Downloading Twitter videos on an iOS device:
To download Twitter videos on iPad or iPhone, we’ll use the Shortcuts app, which you can download via the App Store. Once the app is installed, follow the steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS devices and scroll down until you find the Shortcuts app in the list.
- Tap on it and give it the “Allow untrusted shortcuts” permission by turning it on
- Open this link on your device and click Get Shortcut
- The download shortcut for Twitter Video Downloader will open in the Shortcuts app
- Scroll down and tap “Add Untrusted Shortcut”
- Next, open Twitter and find the tweet that contains the video you want to share.
- Tap the share icon to reveal a new option for Twitter Video Downloader. select it
- The shortcut will start and you will be asked if you want the downloaded video to be of high, medium or low quality.
- Once you’ve made your selection, you can find the video in your gallery.
Download Twitter Videos on Desktop/PC:
- Open Twitter and find the tweet with the video you want to download
- Copy the video link by right clicking on the video and copying its address
- Go to Twitter Video Downloader below and paste the copied URL into the text box, then click “Download”
- The page will reload to reveal various qualities in which you can download the video.
- Click on one of those for the download to start automatically